Job Posting Detail
SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER
Job Description and Responsibilities:
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Project Engineer to join the team of Professional Engineers at our York, Pennsylvania corporate headquarters. The ideal candidate will be a licensed Professional Engineer and have experience in structural analysis.
- Perform structural analyses and calculations for fenestration systems (door, window, curtain wall and skylights) or other structural components subjected to wind loading and blast loading.
- Building code research and building code interpretations.
- Research and implementation of new test areas. Manage unique, one-off testing programs.
- Supervise Project Engineers, manage engineering projects and prepare proposals for new projects.
- Knowledge of performance requirements including wind load, snow load, hurricane load and dynamic loads.
- Working knowledge of building codes and design standards
- 5 years of experience in the structural engineering or architectural industry
- Experience designing with aluminum, steel, glass, wood and composite materials a plus
- Structural design experience
- Experience in the fenestration industry
- Strong computer skills including MS Office and AutoCAD
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND LICENSING:
- B.S. in Engineering –Structural, Civil or Mechanical
- Professional Licensure (P.E.) with ability to obtain multiple licenses via reciprocity is required
For confidential consideration, please email resumes with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to available opportunities at Architectural Testing.